Sweet Sweet Baby

I traveled to Charleston last weekend to say good-bye to one of my dearest and best friends.  She has been more like a sister to me since the day we met, 17 years ago.  Now, she is making a major move with her family to Brazil as her hubby begins a new career.  I am amazed by her strength and inspired by her continuous faith.  I know this is going to be an amazing adventure for them, though I will miss them dearly.
Thank God for Skype!

I was honored to photograph a "quickie" almost 3 month session 
for the newest little man in her life.  


See that grin...he was staring at his mommy and he is obviously in-love with her!  
Completely smitten and in awe of her beauty and grace.


I snuggled this little 11-week old as much as possible throughout our weekend together.  

I am afraid I confused him just a bit.
His little sister has always called me Auntie Kim, but now I am known as "aunt pillow boobs".  
I accept that title proudly considering I nestled him comfortably on my chest and watched him sleep as often as I could.  

I know all of you {especially mommas} are recalling that snuggle of a newborn sound asleep...
...the sound of a newborn breathing, the smell of a baby's hair
... calm, still and peaceful.  
I feel my blood pressure dropping just thinking about it!

I {heart} photographing newborns and I {heart} this little guy.

My sweet sweet baby Keeler,  
I love you dearly and can not wait to see you grow up
 {and please take care of your mommy for me}.

2 comments:

Denise said...

These are just beautiful Kim! I am so nervous about taking babies! Thanks again for all of your help~

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Kim! And what a little cutie! =)

Post a Comment